 Space / 25759
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 12:58:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   This is another older MOC which underwent a major remodelling last year, primarily to improve interior detail. It stemmed originally from a pile of discounted

    6441 Deep Reef Refuge
433 elements, 5 figures, US$60, 1997
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > Divers
which inspired a crazy plan to buy 20 of them and build a fleet of fighters from the contents (among other things). Having carried most of that plan out, I resorted to Bricklink for the large number of triple-slope wedges to beautify the fighter nacelles. They weren’t a hugely popular part - a nice final development for what was originally a fairly insane project.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pbaulch/Space/Gervoya/thumb/01.jpg_thumb.jpg>

The structural component I’m most happy about is the landing gear, which is very sturdy. Actually it’s all very sturdy - you can pick the whole thing up by the front section... and the landing gear clicks in and out nicely with the help of Technic shocks. I’ll post a pic of a structural mock-up later... there wasn’t an easy way to partially dismantle the ship to show it directly.

I’ve included some builders notes to explain some features, but feel free to ask more questions. I’m considering building other modules for it, but the trouble is I can’t have them all attached at once.

Cheers,

Not really much more I can add here that hasn’t been said, other than I like the new nose configuration. It rings of a modern airlift transport....c-10 for instance. It really gives it a more utilitarian look.

LOVE to see it in a pitched battle dioramma.

Cheers, -Gil