 Space / 26717
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:10:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Benson wrote:

Paul,

I love this ship! It sort of reminds me of a submarine (probably the shape), and I like the concept of a “submarine in space” ... the interior supports this as well, it looks like there are bunks in the engineering compartment? I like the interior’s “cluttered” look - there’s no room for “wasted space” and that’s a great design philosophy for a spaceship! Actually, the interior sort of reminds me of Jassim’s “Dragonstar”: you both make use of everything you’ve got to create a believable interior.

Well, I think it’s a far cry from the Dragonstar’s interior, so that’s a mighty compliment :-) I was definitely going for the submarine ethos, that overall impression.

Question: do the dark gray hatches on the exterior corrosponding to the interior red-hatch torpedo tubes?

They most certainly do.

Are there any forward or aft torpedo launchers?

Nope, the craft’s physical design (and necessary combat behaviour) is for broadsides only.

Do you have any more interior photos? I’d love to drool over more :)

The inside was rather difficult to photograph... maybe with the next ship :-)

Cheers,