 Space / 25713
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 03:20:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   This is another older MOC which underwent a major remodelling last year, primarily to improve interior detail. It stemmed originally from a pile of discounted Set(6441) which inspired a crazy plan to buy 20 of them and build a fleet of fighters from the contents (among other things).

Crazy? Crazy like a fox.

I hadn’t seen this one before, other than that one photo that was posted a few weeks ago, so I won’t compare it. All I know is this is a superb model. Who cares if the fighter pilots are trapped in their cockpits, the sheer number of them more than makes up for it (and your explanation makes sense). I can imagine these things detaching together and swarming all over some unfortunate foe.

I like how you keep your ideas grounded in some sort of conceivable technology - big engines, cramped internal spaces etc, although I am a bit concerned about how all the fighters survive re-entry into atmoshpere.

   The structural component I’m most happy about is the landing gear, which is very sturdy. Actually it’s all very sturdy - you can pick the whole thing up by the front section... and the landing gear clicks in and out nicely with the help of Technic shocks. I’ll post a pic of a structural mock-up later... there wasn’t an easy way to partially dismantle the ship to show it directly.

mmmm... landing gear. I look forward to seeing how you did it. Not to mention the promised pictures of a fighter.

   I’ve included some builders notes to explain some features, but feel free to ask more questions.

here’s one: Can I have it?

Allister