 Space / 26716
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:02:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Saada wrote:

That’s awesome. I’d love to have one of those sets at a discount. The triple-wedge formation is spiffy; as others have said, more pics please.

I’ll be posting some pics of all my variants of that vehicle type (my own mini-fad) in a couple of weeks.

I’ve been a bit behind in my giving of feedback. But somehow I completely missed this creation altogether. I just went through all of the pics & posts and there’s not much more to say other than it’s quite an accomplishment.

Actually, it’s only sheer luck that made me scan back and see these late replies. I had missed them completely at the time! Unfortunately, I posted my MOCs at a time when Jon Palmer was busy with that ammoying real-life thing, so they were completely omitted from the MOC highlights list... but that happens now and then, and I did get a lot of great feedback anyway, including yours :-)

   I agree with Geordan that:

   The interior detail is sweet. I love the torpedo room! The interior has a

   submarineish look to it, I like that.

Those loading doors are perfect. And as Allister commented,

   I like how you keep your ideas grounded in some sort of conceivable technology - big engines, cramped internal spaces etc

Oh, I plan to do more futuristic stuff. I have no problems with any sort of pseudoscience, as long as it’s a feature that’s physically featured in the model, as opposed to “imagine it’s stuck somewhere in there”.

That gold geodesic device is great.

I’m glad you like it, because all my minifig-scale starships are going to have them :-)

I would now like to add three comments. First, those round 1x1 bricks accentuate the nose SO well. Secondly, the landing gear, both in its workings and fitting, is topnotch. And thirdly, that top turret is excellent! From the first couple of pics I thought the sides were 6x6 round dishes but upon the highlight I saw the construction. Very clever and it flows well. I’ll have to remember that. So there was more to say.

Glad you said them. Thanks again!

Cheers,