 Space / 26510
Re: New MOC: Terran Advanced Scientific Satellite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:51:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   Hi all,

Here’s a new MOC of mine, the T.A.S.S.

--snip-- Building Notes

With the release of the new Discovery Sets, I wanted to build something more NASA-ish. This project started out as a deep space probe, but it quickly evolved into an Earth-orbiting satellite. I built the main ‘pod’ with the little emergency satellite first, and then added the four arms. I made one arm longer than the rest because I wanted the Voyager 2 lopsided look, and it made it feel very NASA-ish. After that I added the small greebles (radar dishes, tiles with printing, antennas) and rebuilt some sections.

Nathan,

Hey there. Overall I think you have a very innovative design here. I was interested in some satellite ideas and yours has stirred some. I have to commend you on the unique design of the main antennae. Two pieces of criticism: 1 - As was said, the use of the printed greeblies could be lessened. 2 - IMO the color scheme would look better if the tonal grays were in levels, as opposed to the way they dissect the form now.

Keep up the good work!

-Andrew

GardenSLUG