 Space / 24975
Re: New MOC: Terran Advanced Scientific Satellite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:57:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Spencer Nowak wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   The T.A.S.S. is equipped with a main communication/scanning antennae, four backup antennas, two spaceward scanning devises, twelve small thrusters for position fine-tuning, eight solar arrays, four weather tracking components, four military missile tracking systems, four dataphoto photoprocessors, three secondary data relay dishes, one emergency miniature backup satellite, and a human access port for repairs.

   PLMKWYT and don’t be afraid to criticize.

Firstly, there isnt much to criticize.

Wow, thanks!

   However, the solar panels seem a bit small in comparison to the power it would need to run all those programs. Most solar panels i have ever seen in *real* NASA photos are big, frail things.

Well, I *only* have one TIE Fighter :) I agree, the panels are two small, but I used up all of my blue tiles in those eight panels...

   I like the overall look tho. All the greeblies make it look very realistic and the solar panels add a nice touch of color.

Thanks again!