 Space / 25072
Re: New MOC: Terran Advanced Scientific Satellite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:40:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   Hi all,

Here’s a new MOC of mine, the T.A.S.S.

OOh, I like. Satellites are cool.

Yeah, they’re really sweet and haven’t been made in LEGO much.

   I like the shape of this one. The solar panels are a nice touch- you don’t see them much in .space nowadays- must be some advanced magneto-fusion reactor or something.

Yes, the solar panels are my second favorite part of this MOC.

   And the satellite-within-a-satellite is also very nifty, I like it alot.

The small satellite is my favorite part!

   I would have to agree with the comment, however, about the usage of the printed tiles as greeblies. I think that you could stray away from the 2-d look created by the flat arms by using tubing or round cylinders and cones, sort of like what I did in my Comm Satellite.

As I said before, I’m horrble at making greebles, but I’ll do my best. I really like your Comm satellite!

   Very cool!

Thanks! :)