 Space / 24976
Re: New Threads on Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:57:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog wrote:
I'm posting this in ascii so everyone can see it well.
In many of the newsgroups posting is so rapid that it
is very difficult going back through all the posts looking
for the start of various threads.

Feeling the weight of the posting onslaught in .space too eh?

It would be nice if there was a way for the home page
of any newsgroup to show ONLY the first post in a thread
instead of all the recent posts.

Or just show the thread title, and indicate which have new posts.

This could be configured
by the lugnet moderator for that group or perhaps by personal
preference.

If anyone else thinks this is a good idea,
please let Todd reply and let Todd know what you think.

<raies hand>

Allister