 Robotics / RCX / Search Results: range USB IR long Tower
 Results 61 – 80 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: BricxCC & fast firmware download

(...) Have you ever tried using NQC to download the firmware? If so, does it work? Using RcxCC to download your firmware means you are stuck in the serial tower world and slow firmware downloading. Have you tried both slow and fast mode firmware (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, long, tower
(score: 2.058)

  Re: Problem with IR

(...) Your correct, it isn't that. I know all about -Susb, because I'm using a serial and a usb tower simultaneously with respective rcx's. One sets in a box so their is no IR crossover. I have swapped over the towers. The USB worked perfectly in (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 2.054)

  Re: Problem with IR

(...) Ok, your right they are separate, so that if I left the second -Susb out, my program wouldn't download via the USB tower, but would go to my other RCX via the serial tower. My batch-file is this: nqc -Susb -firmfast c:\newrcx~1.lgo nqc -Susb (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 2.054)

  control RCX from PC

Hi all, I'm writing down some practical work for students that learn computer science. The goal is to teach them how a serial communication works. Therefore, we want them to write a program that listens to serial communications. The PC will send (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 2.050)

  Re: 64bit driver for the LEGO USB Tower

(...) Has anyone found a solution (other than using the serial tower or Virtual PC). Is anyone else interested in creating a 64-bit driver for Windows 7? Steve Putz steve@RoboticsLearning.com www.RoboticsLearning.com (14 years ago, 6-Jan-11, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, tower
(score: 2.049)

  NQC/BricxCC test

I could use some help testing a modification to NQC and BricxCC which is attempting to correct some problems I introduced with the serial IR tower and also the USB tower. Could a few adventurous souls download (URL) and try out the NQC and BricxCC (...) (19 years ago, 14-Oct-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 2.036)

  RE: Problem with rcxTcl.exe and the USB IR tower

(...) I'll check this out on a system that has absolutely no Tcl support, but as you might expect - it works fine here :-) (...) I'm sure John Hansen would appreciate any feedback on BricxCC - even if it'a a problem report. (...) That's the spirit! (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 2.032)

  USB tower fast firmware download

Thanks to Dick Swan's help I have managed to get BricxCC downloading firmware in fast mode with the USB tower. All it took was using long enough timeout values (I'm currently using the tower default timeout settings when downloading firmware), (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, long, tower
(score: 2.029)

  Re: USB Tower Performance [was leJOS/BricxCC news]

In a recent post, John Hansen raised some questions about USB Tower [1] quad speed downloading and [2] varioustimeouts and difficulty with certain optocdes. Here's a bit of an explanation. Lots of technical detail for those that are interested. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, usb, long, tower
(score: 2.025)

  USB Range shorter than Serial!?

Since I do the whole web-controllable-rover deal with my bot, it tends to go quite a distance. I recently purchased a USB tower from Pitsco and I must say, even WITH the long-range enabled on the control panel, the Serial tower still beats it. In (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

range, usb, long, tower
(score: 2.010)

  RE: Problem with rcxTcl.exe and the USB IR tower

I have a tentative solution to this problem. I've written a DLL that will also allow me to change some interesting stuff like baud rate and imeouts on the tower. This may allow us to finally get full control of the RCX USB tower! Hopefully I can (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 2.008)

  RE: Problem with rcxTcl.exe and the USB IR tower

(...) I fanlly got a spare machine with a fresh Win98 install, and then I installed the LEGO tower driver. Sure enough, rcxTcl.exe does not find the USB tower.... So I have some investigating to do. Ralph (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 2.006)

  Control RoboSapein with IR-tower

Hi, if you have a LEGO serial port IR-tower and and you also got a RoboSapien, you can now easily control it from the PC. (URL) to Linux and USB tower coming later...) Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy, Pavel. (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.991)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hi Holger, I definitely know that Robolab 2.5.2 is running in classic mode of MacOS X 10.2.8. So it must be something with the file owner and user rights for a file or a folder in your system (and in every other system where the software should be (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.974)

  RE: good way to detect the proximity of the RCX?

Yes, that requires the RCX to receive. What I am looking for is a function which is much like the "is RCX in view" in the direct mode. This function allows the IR tower to detect any RCX in range, even the RCX is in in idle state, but just on, .... (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

range, ir, tower
(score: 1.969)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

"Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote in message news:HoMq73.B9J@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) ceased (...) I (...) OK, I have the problem fixed. You may not like the remedy, but it worked lastnight flawlessly. Oh, and the PCMCIA USB (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.968)

  Re: OS X Complier problems solved--now struggling with BrickOS

You know, it doesn't matter how long I wait before sending out a question... I figured out the trouble with firmdl3. I'd assumed the black plug in the USB port was the IR Tower, which I'd plugged in earlier today. However, my wife had been (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, ir, long, tower
(score: 1.966)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

(...) I am having almost the same issues. I want to share my story because some of the key elements in your story match mine exactly: Computer: Toshiba Satellite/WinXP/3-USB 2.0 RCX 1.0 USB tower Software: RIS 2.0, SDK 2.5, Bricxcc (all have same (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.966)

  Re: LNPd with USB Tower - success?

Hi, lnpd is a very old program and has several problems, it does not support the protocol used by brickOS, lacks support for the USB tower and may lose packets as soon as they get too large (>8 bytes or so). Collision detection does not work as long (...) (18 years ago, 15-Apr-06, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

usb, long, tower
(score: 1.953)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I tested with the same installation, IR tower & rcx module with another laptop (by Dell) built with infrared port, wireless network card, but with no bluetooth built in. They work fine... The problem is more and more leaning over to hardware (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

usb, ir, tower
(score: 1.940)

More:  Next Page >>