 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 236
Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:31:50 GMT

"Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote in message
well, the IR tower is fired when I tested out with different powered hubs. • I
used 2.0 powered hub, the same symptom occured... the OS crashed in the
identical fashion.  When I used 1.0 powered hub, the tower mysterably • ceased
to response, then the OS does not even recognize the tower.  I thought I
might have supplied too much power... but I tested with the mouse with the
same 1.0 hub, it worked fine with the same level of power supply.  I guess • I
would have to order a new one!?

So, hope Bob has better luck!

OK, I have the problem fixed.  You may not like the remedy, but it worked
lastnight flawlessly.
Oh, and the PCMCIA USB 1.1 card did not work.  The computer did the same
thing as before (locked up).

I Installed Windows 2000 Pro on my Toshiba laptop lastnight (you'll have to
download all the drivers for win2k you need from the Toshiba website prior
to doing this - for the restore CD does not have ALL drivers you need).  It
took about 2 hours from start to finish to install Win2k, install all
drivers, and go to Windows Update and get all needed service packs, but the
results is: MY USB IR TOWER WORKS!!!!!!!

Rob