 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 598
RE: Problem with rcxTcl.exe and the USB IR tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:19:58 GMT

The pbForth GUI (rcxTcl.exe) is unable to connect to my USB IR tower,
even if the drivers are OK (the tower works just fine from the RIS 2.0
software and also from Bricx Command Center). I get a message
complaining that it cannot find "//./LEGOTOWER1".

I'll check this out on a system that has absolutely no Tcl support, but
as you might expect - it works fine here :-)

As BricxCC 3.3.7.6 supports pbForth, I don't really *need* rcxTcl.exe,
but then I'm unable to save images, because I don't have XMODEM from
within BricxCC (unless I'm missing something obvious).

I'm sure John Hansen would appreciate any feedback on BricxCC - even if
it'a a problem report.

Any idea/help very much appreciated (I'd sure *hate* to go back to
programming in a C clone, if I can do it in FORTH).

That's the spirit!

Unrelated: the page at http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/download.html,
in section "Windows Software", contains links for "the current pbForth
source". However, the link points to:

http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/gems/pbForth.zip

instead of

http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/gems/pbforth.zip

which is the one dated 02-Jan-2004. Perhaps an error while copying the
new pbForth.(zip|tar.gz) to that directory?

Wow! Thanks for pointing htis out - I'll get onto it tonight or tomorrow...

Best Regards,

Ralph