 Robotics / RCX / 2246
Re: BricxCC & fast firmware download
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 04:18:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Travis Kunce wrote:
I have never been able to get bricxCC to properly download the firmware
either.  I'm using a serial tower and a 1.5.  i always have to do it from
RCX CC.

Have you ever tried using NQC to download the firmware?  If so, does it work?
Using RcxCC to download your firmware means you are stuck in the serial tower
world and slow firmware downloading.  Have you tried both slow and fast mode
firmware download in the latest release of BricxCC?  The fellow who reported
that fast mode was broken has since emailed to say that he got it (fast firmware
download with the USB tower) working by changing the IR mode in the Diagnostics
tool window from Long to Short.  My tests all work fine with the IR set to Long
(it works fine set to Short as well).

Please, if anyone is experiencing any problem with BricxCC, be it a problem like
firmware downloading either not working at all or it corrupts the firmware in
the download process, send me an email with as much detail as you can provide.
I need to know there's a problem in order to fix it.

Thanks,

John Hansen