 Robotics / RCX / 2772
Re: Problem with IR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:26:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Thomas Chesney wrote:
Your correct, it isn't that. I know all about -Susb, because I'm using a serial
and a usb tower simultaneously with respective rcx's. One sets in a box so their
is no IR crossover. I have swapped over the towers. The USB worked perfectly in
the box but is now having problems outside. I'll probably switch them back
round.

I did correctly swap over Susb in my batch file. And it couldn't be that anyway
as the firmware downloads but not the program.

Why couldn't it be that if the firmware downloads? When I download my firmware,
it's completely separate from when I download nqc progs.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Ok, your right they are separate, so that if I left the second -Susb out, my
program wouldn't download via the USB tower, but would go to my other RCX via
the serial tower.

My batch-file is this:

nqc -Susb -firmfast c:\newrcx~1.lgo
nqc -Susb -TSwan -d c:\windows\desktop\lego\mains~15.nqc

Which cleary shows two -Susb's.

So maybe I should have said that because the firmware downloads correctly and
uses -Susb the same as the download program call, then because one works so
should the other.

What I can't understand though is why an accelerated firmware downloads works
when a simple program download doesn't?

Steve