 Robotics / RCX / 2767
Re: Problem with IR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:06:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Lane wrote:
For some reason I'm having a problem downloading with NQC. I previously had the
serial tower set up at the end of a track. The rcx on my robot goes up and down
it. I used to have occasional problems with the IR comms, but I'd change the
battery and things would work fine. I've now changed the serial tower for a usb
(to save on batteries) and now I can get the firmware to download but when I
come to download a program the download always fails part way.

I'm wondering what I can do to try and fix it? I've already tried altering the
range. I also downloaded the latest NQC but that did nothing either.

Steve.

This probably isn't it, but if you're using the command line, have you included
the -Susb parameter to tell NQC you're using USB? (This will takes ages to post
as my email isn't working, so sorry if you have 5 other replies before this
one...)

Thomas