 Robotics / RCX / 2766
Re: Problem with IR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:42:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Lane wrote:
For some reason I'm having a problem downloading with NQC. I previously had the
serial tower set up at the end of a track. The rcx on my robot goes up and down
it. I used to have occasional problems with the IR comms, but I'd change the
battery and things would work fine. I've now changed the serial tower for a usb
(to save on batteries) and now I can get the firmware to download but when I
come to download a program the download always fails part way.

I'm wondering what I can do to try and fix it? I've already tried altering the
range. I also downloaded the latest NQC but that did nothing either.

Possibly you are experiencing a problem with the USB Tower driver which I have
heard several other users report.  Other users who had this problem were able to
fix it by editing the USB Tower timeout values using the LEGO USB Tower Control
Panel applet.  Just try changing one of the values to a different value, save
the changes, and then change it back.  Reportedly that is all it takes to
resolve the issue.

Hope this helps,

John Hansen