 Robotics / 5903
Re: RIS version 1.5 coming this fall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:00:20 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (John A. Tamplin) writes:

[...]
Since the only alterable storage is powered by the batteries, there can
never be permanent changes to the brick that survive a hard power-off.

Seriously?  OK, whew!  Then I *was* just being paranoid.  I'll cross my
fingers then and hope that 1.5 also has this property.

The ROM is in the CPU chip.  It is not EEPROM.  It is manufactured with
the Lego code in it.

Amazing.  Excellent.  All is well with 1.0 then!  (Whew!)

--Todd