 Robotics / 5912
Re: RIS version 1.5 coming this fall :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Todd Lehman writes:

I think the only possible legal case they could have against any of the RCX
add-ons is some allegation of trademark dilution with regard to the title
"legOS."  Fortunately, Markus has always been careful to provide visible
disclaimers and has capitalized the name carefully, and fortunately, TLG
does not seem to feel that "legOS" represents trademark dilution against
their flagship mark "LEGO."

As a first humble contribution to this fascinating community, may I offer
Markus a second line of defense (just in case) in the form of the name

                footOS

I think it has a few apt connotations:
-- footling (is that an English word?) approach (as opposed to High&Mighty)
-- foton (ahem) speed
-- frequent programmer's expression (as in "now it's ok my foot!")
-- of course, the time honoured and revered "foo"  (as in foo.c, foobar, etc.)
   (my guess is Markus will like this best)
-- and so forth - oops, sorry Ralph!

"I herewith claim Copyright (c) for the above product name until proven wrong
by someone's lawyer."
So don't take it away, it's exclusively for Markus if and when he might need
it.

Now, Is there any danger for "NQC"...?

Greetings,
Martin "a rOSe is a rOSe is a..." E.