 People / 3047
Re: opinions sought on selling a mass amount of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:42:11 GMT

heya Jon,

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Jon Palmer writes:
If you're just tired of it, then put it away for awhile and work on other
things.

The problem is, I have tried, and I keep getting caught up in projects.
There is some OCD in my family, and this might be mine popping up in the
form of a friendly Brick  :)

If its the online community you are upset about then why not focus on
smaller portions of it while the other issues work themselves out.

I don't really let the online goofiness upset me, its more like it
constantly errodes my desire to be a part of it.

strongly believe that the best is yet to come for Lugnet and the online Lego
community)

interesting, not that I wouldn't love for it to be true, but I am curious
why you believe this.

I can say for sure that you are always welcome to start up an
in-depth conversation on building and the art of Lego in .space.  (And yes I
know you're not into space at the moment but you get my point)

I am always into space  :)   I told you guys that, and I mean it... I have a
VES-X sized ship that is half finished right now in fact.

I found the last post by Sarah and the one before it by Suzanne and I while
I can see how Sarah could have gotten upset I don't really see Suzannes
comments as a personal jab at her.  If this is really a problem then why not
work it out in private or something?  I'd really not like to lose Sarah
either.

I agree, and I told Sarah that in my opinion she completely misunderstood
Suz's post, and Sarah's response was clear that she had no further interest
in Lugnet.  She cut off the conversation, and that made me think she left
for another reason, but is using this as an excuse.

If its a money issue why not open up a Bricklink store?  You could weed out
the parts you don't need and cover the cost of future purchases.

I have a Bricklink store already, but I can't find any parts that I want to
get rid of that anyone would buy... since I enjoy all of the themes, it
requires a crazy-varied collection of parts.  Any ideas?

If I build something I make myself draw or paint.  And so on.  I try for a
perfect 1:1 ratio and I really feel it works out.

I try this too, but ideas for Lego swamp me out and I can't work on other
stuff... its kind of annoying really.

Basically:  Don't leave.  I swear you'll regret it down the road.

I know I will.  I don't regret getting rid of my TF collection at all, but
getting rid of the Lego will hurt a lot.  I don't want to do it at all.

But if you want to talk then do it here or drop me a line on AIM.  Hell,
I'll even call you if you want.

thanks, I am not very fond of discussing this on Lugnet because it feels
hypocritical to me, like I am adding to the very thing that annoys me...
non-brick-based-discussion.

later!
Joel K