 Marketplace / Appraisal / 593
Re: opinions sought on selling a mass amount of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:29:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Jeffrey M. Szklennik writes:
Don't give up on your GIFT.  You have the ability to apparently do both
painting & Lego, & do them very well.  I'm new to Lugnet/AFOL community, mostly
"lurking" & gernerally being impressed & helped in my Lego ability.  I am
SOMETIMES able to do Lego & SOMETIMES able to do my drawings, both of which
i've been told I do very well & they are my FAVORITE things to do.  I usually
can't do either without severe stress though because i suffer from a severe
obsessive compulsive disorder.

hi,

I find that I have a hard time focusing on things, and I get pulled mentally
in a hundred different directions in my normal life, but when I am working
creatively, I can focus totally and clearly on what I am working on.
I have always assumed this was a light form of OCD because a few of my
relatives have been diagnosed with stronger versions of it and are on
medication (and it really does help them BTW).  Have you been diagnosed by a
doctor?  Did you start out the way I describe or is your experience
different?  Just curious if you think I should be wary of anything?

If I had health insurance I would try to find out if I can be helped by
medication, but this job offers nothing insurance-wise.  No vision, no
dental... this is one of the major reasons besides pay that I have been
job-searching.

I also have done  3 technic scale buildings in what
i was hoping would be a fun project of a technic town (& hopefully a mech &

that sounds cool, you should post it...

After seeing Brian William's Bellville-scale work, I am really tempted to
try working in a larger scale.

The only suggestion I could make is to leave your collection @ a friends or
relative's house, far enough to make it impractical to distract you (for a
couple months or so), but close enough to afterwards get the collection back
again without massive travel hassles, etc.

that's a good idea to get me to stop building for a while, but my closest
trusted relative is 30 miles away, and my collection takes up

25  33 quart containers
12  66 quart containers
15  plano-style boxes
25  18 quart containers

now thats a travel hassle  :)
and I still have my money trobles in that scenario, but I do appreciate your
input, good luck!

Joel K