 Marketplace / Appraisal / 595
Re: opinions sought on selling a mass amount of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 04:07:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Joel Kuester writes:
In lugnet.market.appraisal, Jeffrey M. Szklennik writes: • *snip*
hi,

I find that I have a hard time focusing on things, and I get pulled mentally
in a hundred different directions in my normal life, but when I am working
creatively, I can focus totally and clearly on what I am working on.
I have always assumed this was a light form of OCD because a few of my
relatives have been diagnosed with stronger versions of it and are on
medication (and it really does help them BTW).  Have you been diagnosed by a
doctor?  Did you start out the way I describe or is your experience
different?  Just curious if you think I should be wary of anything?
Joel K

I don't think you've got anything to worry about--I started having intrusive
"bad" thoughts that would prevent me (significantly) from doing normal behavior
& cause significant distress.  I just think it shows you'd rather be doing
creative things.  i see a doc regularly & I'm on meds, but I think i'm gonna
try something different 'cause ive been on 2 different ones already & i seem to
hit a really bad spot every so often.  are your Lego sorted to be in so many
containers?  if so, unsorting them may save space (i know re-sorting may be
daunting, but i would think down the road NOT having your collection might be
more daunting).  also, maybe having them unsorted might help you restrain from
digging thru them so you could focus on the painting.  for the money thing,
have you done taxes/gotten a return yet? :)  anyways, i hope you can work out
everything & keep the Lego collection.

jeff