Re: Greenburg Show Dec 2nd & 3rd in Wilmington MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:32:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
They have plans for their tables on their site that go all the way down to
paint formulas to match LEGO colors.

...I also recommend green stain (should be available from any home depot like • store). We
use it at WAMALUG, and it is fairly close to LEGO green but because its a • stain it catches
the texture of the wood and makes for a much nicer effect than just a flat • field of green
(I'll try to get a close up shot of the tables this weekend).

I was wondering why you guys at WAMALUG used stain instead of paint.
Personally I like the clean look of paint vs. the wood grain look of the
stain. Since I don't have tables built of LEGO bricks, I like for them to look
as "TOY-ey" (yes I know it's not a word) as possible.

jt

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club