Re: Greenburg Show Dec 2nd & 3rd in Wilmington MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:27:21 GMT

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:

I bet the fire coverage for our layout would be about the best of any LEGO
train/town layout :-).

Actually, in that vein, I was thinking about something:  The best train layouts
I've seen have *action* occuring in them, not just trains running around.  With
the absolutely beautiful engines available to us, why not have a fire going on?
I'm sure someone (heck, I'll do it) could build a building in the process of
burning, and the firefighters could be, well, trying to put it out.

...Lots of tricks like that are fun to include in a display :-) in our first layout, we
had protestors at city hall carrying signs and all, compleat with police escorts, and a
truck wildly out of control about to plow into them... Then there was the bank robbery
with every cop in town surrounding them :-) Its fun putting in the details, and makes
people really appreciate the models when they see the little things that most people miss.

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)