  GATS Layout Size

Chris and All What's the status on the GATS layout size, are we still at 16'x20'? I think we should have a least 2 meetings before the show. LMKWYT Steve (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: GATS Layout Size now BIGGER / need to have a meeting!

(...) Steve and everyone I just got off the phone will the guy doing the floor plan and GREAT NEWS someone else cancelled so we get there space.We are a go at a 32 X 20 area! Yes we need to get together ASAP.What are good times for people? (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: GATS Layout Size now BIGGER / need to have a meeting!

(...) Anytime I can clear with my parents ahead of time. Rick (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: GATS Layout Size now BIGGER / need to have a meeting!

Chris & All, (...) Cool. Anytime on the weekend. Saturday is the best for me. That is the original size we planned on, right? Scott (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: GATS Layout Size now BIGGER / need to have a meeting!

(...) Actually we talked about one 40x24 or so.We can refigure this out at a get together.right now i'm glad some numnut cancelled and we get more space.:-) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Re: GATS Layout Size now BIGGER / need to have a meeting!

(...) Saturdays are good for me, except for Memorial Weekend. Steve (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: GATS Layout Size now BIGGER / need to have a meeting!

(...) Well I don’t have a problem with going to a meeting on any weekend. Except the weekends I’m doing something. Don’t forget the seagulls. EEE EEEE EEEE! No just kidding around. Saturday is deafeningly a good time to have a meeting. As soon as (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

Tony & All, (...) Well, did they see the link to the Novi show? I think that should do it. I would rather talk about getting things organized for three events, rather than having a mini display for that (I don't have enough time to set it up, does (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I can be there as long as you need, just I need to get approval from parents on it. K? Rick (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Depending on the proximity of the show (where is it?), I'm good for Friday starting about 6ish-7ish. So, if the show starts at 3pm, when do we plan to set up? The day before or Friday evening/Saturday morning? Or will we set up Friday evening (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) That’s what I’m wondering. Where is the show going to take place? I have somewhere for Scott to sleep if it’s close to Lansing. Hey Scott do you remember the swamp next to my house? I think the mud is pretty soft out there. Sleep out there (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

Amy, (...) Well, I guess I can be there Friday, until 11:00PM or so. Saturday and Sunday I will be there all the time, I think, depending on when it starts. So Friday 3PM-12AM Saturday xx-12AM Sunday xx-3PM I think I will need to take that Friday (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

To All, I wish I could post via e-mail sometimes. Anyway, (...) I will take Friday off for this, I don't know if I can for GATS or not. I have to see what options I have. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

To All, (...) I think it is in Roseville, near Detroit, AFAICR. (...) Heh, I can sleep in my Suburban, Tony! (...) We shall see, I do not know offhand. (...) 2nd is better for me. I get to go up to Michigan this weekend and the 2nd. Yeah! ; ) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Scott, Have you had a chance to look into some type of rope barrier to put around the GATS layout. I don't remember who was going to check on that. Steve Steve (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

Steve, (...) I looked at Sam's. They did not have any, they has some nice tables for 70.00 each. I will check in some rental places and see. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) E Gad! The 2nd! Well... uh... screw the senior open houses i was invited to, i dont even like em anyway, snot nosed arrogant trumpet playin 1st chairs! I did get invited to 3 open houses, but i aint gonna go anyway. As stated above ;-) (...) I (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) E Gad! The 2nd! Well... uh... screw the senior open houses i was invited to, i dont even like em anyway, snot nosed arrogant trumpet playin 1st chairs! I did get invited to 3 open houses, but i aint gonna go anyway. As stated above ;-) (...) I (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Chris/Amy/Tony can correct me if I'm wrong but as far as Tables.... GATS is supplying those for the GATS show, we just need to say how many (and maybe bring a bunch of packages of those pine shims/furring strips to get all the legs to the same (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I think he was just saying the tables are expensive. I don’t think he was pricing tables to buy them. Chris and I have thought up some ideas on how to make the tables level. I think that needs to be discussed in the next meeting. I haven’t (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) come up with something then I have to ask my church if I could use one of the classrooms or something. See what you can do. Tony (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

Larry & All, (...) We didn't need tables, I was just telling the cost of the tables that were there at Sam's, as we were discussing them at the last meeting at Chris's house. All tables will be provided at all three places. My oversight. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Ah, OK. Check. Cool. Tony, what did you and Chris come up with on leveling tables. Do we need to scrounge up clamps to attach some of the tables to each other (I have one pair of spring clamps) ++Lar (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Larry clamps are a good idea for those pesky tables.We were thinking along the lines of shims(avalible at home depot etc.)for lineing up the tables. (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I think clamps are a great idea. We could clamp some of the tables to make them even. We need to think of a way to make them where they’re not noticeable. I’ll keep thinking about it. Chris and I were just throwing ideas around to think of (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) If you have large enough clamps (C-clamps), you can clamp them using the metal flanges under the tables. (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) OOPS! My bad! I will ask my minister this sunday because I dont have his Phone ## on hand. It will probably be okay, Trust me, I will find a spot for the June 2nd show. I WILL find a spot. It will change from the last location though. Rick (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Steve, that is exactly what i was thinking clamp wise.Ps email me if you can.Chris (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Shims (HD has a pack of 100 for like 4 dollars I think) under the legs to get the levels aligned, clamps to keep things well connected, and GATS supplies the skirt to hid all the details from the mundanes. Sounds like a plan. (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) plan. I love it when a plan comes together... (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Ok our new nickname then is the A-team...:-) Anyways Larry i assume you will be there for whole week end just for the heck of it lets take a early roll call on how many people/days/times the can do GATS .Other shows we will discuss in other (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I don’t think we’re doing a show we are just going to have a meeting. We’ll probably bring some models and discuss upcoming events. Thanks for the help. Tony (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I am in for the whole weekend and further I have confirmed (with She Who Must Be Obeyed) that we can use my place for staging, crash space etc. as long as people are ok with sleeping on the floor etc. so bring your air mattresses and blankets. (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Well, The nanofigs arnt important but Trev needs to deside which one of the harvesters he likes. Rick (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Hmmmm i seem to remember we were going to have a cannonball contest at your house in between show times.:-) (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I am also in for the whole weekend, but with gas prices the way they are and given the size of the engine in my truck, I think I will need a place to stay. Steve (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

To All, (...) You too, huh, Larry? ; ) Actually, Lynn is very accomodating / tolerant / understanding. She has to be, she is dealing with me, after all. : ) We just celebrated our first anniversary on the 13th. (...) I will probably be driving up (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Wow a year already?I remember the first time we talked you guys were just about to tie the nott.Congrats!As for accomodating etc,. that was how Sandy was for 8 1/2 years and i FINALLY turned her to the dark sid...i mean to an AFOL. The GATS (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Indeed. Well, the pool's full from all the rain we had and the waterfall's burbling away. ++Lar (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Cool acid rain water to swim in:-) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Guys, This is for June 2nd, right? There were so many replies to threads today, it's a bit confusing. Just send me an email with: when, where and directions and I will let you know what is feasible. Sound good? :^) PS: You guys really should (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

Trevor & All, (...) Well, it is June 2nd, somewhere in Lansing, some time. (...) Complied. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I can virtually gaurantee she will never turn into a AFOL. I am lucky she is still cool about my LEGO space. The business thing turned her off a little. I have been with Lynn for over 8 years, so I know she won't. that's all right. I just want (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Hmmm you know what i planned on either asking Steve or Larry the exact location or just doing a mapquest.(address is on GATS homepage) (...) I understand.Brickfest and GATS are alot for me.If the Sci-fi show didn't happen to fall on the same (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Clamping tables

(...) "C" clamps would be best if the tables have "skirts". The flat board-on-legs type tables would be hard to side clamp without modification. You might try ropes tied at the top of the leg frame. Leveling could be done with framing shims (thin (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I tried to post yesterday but lugnet was slow because of all the people on it. I’m only an hour to 45 minutes away from GR. A couple people can stay at my house and we can car pool. Scott is defiantly invited to stay at my house. I will be (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Hmm, I haven't had that experience, if you were having issues you may want to let Todd know about it over in admin.nntp. (...) Well, there is no need to get defiant about it, no one is going to fight you for the right to host Scott... LOL. (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

To All, (...) Sheesh, that is a funny picture. I could picture it over my LEGO collection, but not where I sleep. ; ) Larry: "Scott you're coming with me!!" Tony: "No, he is coming with me!" as Scott gets snapped in two. Scott: "Forget it! I am (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Oops I must have picked the wrong spellchecker word. Tee Hee Hee! Are you inviting anyone who would like to stay? Do you have a big enough house for everyone? Are you having a big Lego party? Are you going to make pancakes and eggs with (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I think I have lots of couches, and PLENTY of floor space. (...) Not exactly, She Who Must Be Obeyed said she will not be doing a party FOR us.... but if we organise our own, we can. (...) Definitely not. :-) ++Lar (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Need comprehensive calender of major summer MichLUG events!

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes: <snip> (...) Well, Larry posted a request somewhere in this jungle of threads that someone who is "in the know" to please post a comprehensive calander with the exact dates and times of the three major (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I'll be there for the whole weekend. I'll have room for people to crash. As long as they don't mind an indoor dog. Friendly, but canine. I'm only minutes away from Larry's house, as an added convenience. Steve (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Are you going to have Pancakes, eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice? :) Tony (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

Tony & All, (...) See, Tony, we are all eating that. You, however, are delegated into eating melted down Megablocks clumps. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) I'm detecting a theme here. Tony, I have to tell you that neither Steve nor myself will be supplying you with that. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Need comprehensive calender of major summer MichLUG events!

(...) The reason for the June 2nd meeting is to discuss the events coming up. I think we can hand out maps then. I have a meeting with my church people on Tuesday so hopefully I will have a date for when my event will take place. I haven’t set (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Fine melted down Megablock will do. MMMmmm, plastic chunks my favorite. Oh I want to let you know Larry that 90% of my life is all comedy. It took Scott quite a while to get use to that. I joke about pretty much everything. If someone talks (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Need comprehensive calender of major summer MichLUG events!

(...) Havn't had one was just going to wait till June 2nd.unless you guys want to get together this week end i'm all for that. (...) Sounds good. (...) GATS is July 21-22.I will post times when i get them. Directions can be had from Mapquest using (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Clamping tables

(...) Lester Sci-fi show is the weekend of june 23rd not sure exact location for that. GATS is July 21-22 in Grand Raipids i will post times etc when i get them Fund raiser etc. will be sometime in Augest it looks like in Lansing. (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Need comprehensive calender of major summer MichLUG events!

(...) ....perhaps an opportunity here to fill in www.michlug.org's "coming events" section? (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Re: Need comprehensive calender of major summer MichLUG events!

(...) Amy, i emailed you the info i have right now.I am in constant touch with them (they send me all the info via snail mail) and via phone.(they now reconize my voice :-) )I'll email as soon as i get show times/setup times. (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Meeting Thoughts Was: GATS Size

(...) Yes, but I don't know what the rest of y'all will be eating... Steve (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)