Re: Need comprehensive calender of major summer MichLUG events!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 19:16:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
<snip>
It doesn't matter to me, I am more interested in getting to the show and
setting it up. It would be neat if everyone could stay at the same place,
but if it is too crowded, I am sure we can figure out a way. The Sci-Fi
thing is worse, since it is near Detroit, on the other side of the state.

Scott S.
--

Well, Larry posted a request somewhere in this jungle of threads that
someone who is "in the know" to please post a comprehensive calander with

Somebody correct me please and fill in the dates/times for me where needed:

1. Meeting with Chris - don't know if this has happened yet) to discuss GATS.

2. Meeting in Lansing (Rick and Tony to organize) on June 2nd weekend to
discuss all three shows, with focus on the non-sanctioned event and possibly
the Sci Fi (earliest show)

3. Sci Fi convention, June 23rd weekend, 3pm Friday to 3pm Sunday (length of
convention - we may be there less) in Detroit, but I don't know the exact
location and don't have directions.  Do we need parking permits, passes,
etc?  This should all be free if we are presenting, right?  Is this even the
right date?

4. GATS.  Grand Rapids, some time in July, right?  I don't know exactly
where, when and what times of the day, and some will need directions still.
Although it's unlikely that I will be able to attend because I have a
wedding to go to right around that time in Canada.

5. Non-sanctioned event fundraiser.  August.  I think this will be in or
around Lansing, Tony please advise as to the exact dates, times, and
directions on how to get there.  I have a second wedding in August, so
please let me know soon.

As it turns out, I may have no choice but to only attend the sci fi
convention.  Which would suck for the non-sanctioned fundraiser because I
said I would come but that may not be so bad since we are talking about a
town layout there as well.  The end of June, heck, most of the weekends in
June will be dedicated to MichLUG-related gatherings for me.  Could someone
slap me around a bit and fill in the missing times and dates cuz I'm just
too confused.  Thanks!

(slap!)  OW!  Hey!

~Trev

The reason for the June 2nd meeting is to discuss the events coming up. I
think we can hand out maps then. I have a meeting with my church people on
Tuesday so hopefully I will have a date for when my event will take place. I
haven’t set anything in stone yet so let me know when your wedding is in
August. I might be able to work around it. From what I hear you have a lot
of space stuff to display so it would be wonderful if you where there. I’m
trying to make this a big event so it takes a lot of talk and organization.
The main focus right now is the June 2nd meeting. I hope everyone will be
able to make it. That is why Rick and I are hosting it here in Lansing so
everyone can be at the meeting. Thank you for pointing out the things needed
to be cleared up. I have the same questions as you do.

Tony