Re: Space Stuff for upcoming events WAS: [Re: A Lego display fund raiser]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:22:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Tony Hedglen writes:
Oh, what dose the food prosing ship has in it? Food? What I mean is why is
it not good to put in the fundraiser?

Uuuuh....it's a commercial food processing ship that I just built for the
Paul Hartzog's "Non-violent" space MOC contest.  The contest was supposed to
conclude two days ago but I was late because I was studying for an exam for
the last two weeks.  Anyways, the joke of the "non-violent" note is that it
is not supposed to be militaristic in any way, but industrial vessels were
totally acceptable.  Think of a chinese fish processing ship in which the
food is caught, cleaned, processed and canned right on the ship at high
production.

Now turn the sea-faring ship into a space-faring ship and then replace the
"salmon" or "tuna" fish with freshly caught "gungan warrior".

:^D  eh?  eh?

It could offend some people when they see gungan minifigs hanging from
sliding meat hooks and getting puried in a big blender.

uuum...Paul gave me permision to do it.  Blame him for the inspiration.  ;^)

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

I think a lot of people would like to see Jar Jar strung up on a hook. Do
you think maybe that you could use the fish from the ninja sets or
something? Do you have a picture somewhere I could see your ship? Maybe you
could modify it a little for the fundraiser. If you don’t want to modify it
then that’s fine. I still would like to see it. What kind of space station
do we need on the ground? Mechanic station? A restaurant? Power plant? Water
processing plant? I have tubes from the base in the Mars set I want to use.
Let me know what we need. Oh and another thing are we using the big gray
base plates for ground stuff?