Subject:
A Lego display fund raiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:54:00 GMT

Aftrernoon guys/girls.Tony Hedglen a fellow michlug member(he helped us at
the train show and was at the meeting in Lansing)sent me this email
LMKWYT................

Hey Chris.

I wanted to talk to you about something.

The Catholic churches are trying to build a new youth center so the youth
can go to retreat. We still need two million dollars to finish the project.
I know that many of the michlug members are not Christian. What I was
wondering if it would be possible to set up a Lego show to attract people to
the fund raiser? It would be held at my church which means we could have a
good time window to set up. There would be a lot of room to set up the
display or displays. There doesn't have to be a strict format. There could
be a train section, space section, ?. We would have tables, food, and lots
of help. Let me know what you think. Oh we don't have to raise two million
dollars, any money would help.

I already talked to Scott about it and he thinks it's a good idea. Like I
said. I would be in charge of the format. No limits, small ones like we
don't have a week to set up. I might be able to get the whole day Friday to
set up and Saturday morning. Food will be hopefully be provided for people
that set up. Those detail I'll have to work on. Oh tables would be provided,
pretty much everything. If you need more details I'll have to get back with
you. Your going to probably want to know how big of an area. Well It's the
school cafeteria. They have about a thousand students in the school so it's
pretty big. I can find out the exact size later. Let me know what details
you need. This is our chance to set up a really big display. Like I said let
me know what you think.