Re: A Lego display fund raiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:38:15 GMT

Tony & All,

Well, Tony, nice to see you on LUGNET afterm what, two years
of telling you about it?! ; ) Seriously, nice to have you
here!

Hi, This is Tony Hedglen. I’ve been reading all the
questions about the
fundraiser. The two questions are when and where. The
place is in Lansing. I
still have to get a date to do this. I have a lot of
“Catholic loops” to
jump though. I have to reserve the cafeteria, I have to
get permission to
use it, and I have to talk to the people who organize
fundraisers. I should
have more info on when the club should be able to set up
the displays later
this week. I’ve seen some concerns on how much room • the
club will have. I’m
guessing the club should be able to set up 4 Novi size
displays. We have a
lot of room to fill. Are there enough “space” • builders to
put on a “space”
display? I know we have a big train/town display. Is
there another display
we could use? Feel free to give me your ideas. Also is
there someone who
would like to teach the kids on how to build a building?
I was wondering if
we should have a learning booth? When I was at the train
show in Novi, a lot
of people ask me how we build the buildings. I was hoping
for someone who
would like to do this. Thanks for all the support so far.

I am sure we can get enough people for a space display
(Trevor, Peter, me, you, etc.)As for the how to build, I am
sure someone can do that.

I am looking forward to it, even if we have to go through
some hoops, from Catholic things to others.

Scott S.

P.S. If it is at all possible, try to arrange it out from
Jully 21st and 22nd, and late June, I am still awaiting on
info from the Sci-Fi thing. Amy, is there a number we can
call Bob or somebody?