Re: A Lego display fund raiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:30:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Peter Guenther writes:
Depending on when, I could help out too.  I should have my Blacktron capital
ship finished in time for the SF convention, and if Trevor can make it too,
and we can dock our ships, that's a mini-show in itself!

Peter

I like the idea, but... where and when?

I would be willing to help out too.  Hopefully I will have my manufacturing
plant finished by then.

-Jason

I just finished the main superstructure of my interstellar commercial food
processing ship.  It will have a landing craft that docks the same way that
your Blacktron capital ship does.

Well, it's not _that_ super...the main ship without the forward landing
craft is only 85 studs long.  But after my 193 stud long destroyer, I
promised myself I would keep my limit to 100 studs for ease of transport and
display space.

Anyhoo, I do have the following available for display:

1.  Constitution Class Destroyer (193 studs long [assembled], 205 with
foward bay door open = about 5.5 feet x 1.5 feet wide space requirement on
display table)

2.  Hercules Class Frigate (107 studs long = 2.8 feet x 0.75 feet wide space
requirement on display table)

3.  Food processing ship (85 studs long = 2.25 feet x 1.5 feet wide space
requirement on display table)

3-a. Landing craft for Food processing ship: I expect this little craft to
be about 20-25 studs long max, so that will add about 8 inches to the
overall length of the food processing ship, if I were to display them
attached, which is what is supposed to be done.

4.   A couple of medium transports and freighters from my Astro Lift pages.
They each fit on a standard size 36x36 stud baseplate.

5.   Knights Castle (set #6073) collector's item assembled complete in good
condition, circa 1983-1984 (fits on one 36x36 stud base plate, space-wise),
no box or instructions. (I suggest this to dispay for the fund raiser if we
are encouraged to bring sets other than space MOCs).

O-TAY.  If I can make it to both, and _if_ I am crazy enough to try to bring
it all in my little itty-bitty car, this is the space I would need for the
sci-fi show and the fund raiser .  :^)

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.