Subject:
Space Stuff for upcoming events WAS: [Re: A Lego display fund raiser]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 04:29:52 GMT

Trevor & All,

A quick recap:
- Kai is formally out of the show due to his own wishes, so our previous
discussions on a space layout is probably moot.

Probably. Oh no, I see my name next!

- Scott is building now, wants/intends to be in the sci-fi show more than
ever (dat right, Scott?)

Dat? I need to do it in MLCad? : 0

but I anticipate that much of his available stock
will be displayed in GATS show (I don't know when the GATS show is in
relation to the sci-fi convention.).

Well, my town, but all of my space stuff is available. Most people don't
want to see the TDF-1st Fleet's Planetary Operations Division rolling down
one of the streets! : )

That means that I don't anticipate
Scott's base to too-too big.  It's going to be very hard to incorporate a
set of large ships such as Peter's and mine into a single, large diorama. • I
have finished my food processing ship (it's sitting on the floor behind • me)
so I'm good to go just for a MOC display.

So I need to build a spacesport that will support Trevor's ship? [Crash as
Scott faints on the temporary dining room table and falls over ]

Come to think of it, could we compromise and have your guys on clear star
wars guns (like the SW stapps) and have them floating or "flying" over to
one of our ships for a big takeover coup?  :^)

I still don't know how this will combine with the Scott's ground-based
outpost.  I still and greatly anticipating Scott's first real foray into
space MOCs in the last little while.

Well, I am too, I guess. I am worried that we might have space constraints
(no pun intended, folks!)
on the sci-fi event, but the other event (I won't mention any specifics,
since we have a bunch of arguments about it ), according to Tony, is
unlimited, so that is good.

Scott, I would LOVE to see you swing into the capital ship bandwagon and
pull together a cool blockade runner/orbital command outpost! :^D

Ach, well, I don't know Trevor, I might try it one day, but let me get my
Shell Station done first (If I can ever get Cleanweb to let me upload it
(mumble mumble)

I will attempt it. I have a list of stuff I need to develop for my web war
too. I am really behind on that, about two year!

Scott S.
--
Member, MichLUG, MLTC: http://www.michlug.org
LEGO Index Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html