Subject:
My opinion on drivers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 00:43:52 GMT

If (and when, hopefully) Lego makes drivers for steamers, I think they need
to meet this criteria:

Available in both blind and flanged versions.

Available in medium and large versions.  Large ones would be about 1 1/2
times the height of a minifig.  Medium would be just a bit bigger than a
minifig.

They have axle holes in the middle so we can motorize them.

They have either:
    6 technic pin holes around the edge of the wheel
-or-
    1 technic pin hole with a molded in weight pattern opposite the pin hole

Available in black (a variant with white or silver rims would also be nice,
but not a necessity), gray, and red

Valve gear linkages (that silvery pearlescent color or gray) would be very
nice to have, but not a necessity

Just kind of random thoughts, but thought I ought to post them anyways.

-Stefan-

p.s.  If there's a group you think this ought to cross-posted to, please do so.