 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7718
Re: [rtlToronto] BrickFest Pipe Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:25:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

PS-If you're interested, could someone confirm the part numbers at an
American Home Depot so we're all on the same page?

Hi folks,

Shortly after the original post of this information, we discovered the Nibco
C5806SR was not available in the US after some spirited searching from friends
Stateside.  We also spent significant time trying to find the C5806 non SR at
retail in Toronto, also to no avail.

There's a good reason for this:  After consulting Nibco's distributor in Canada,
we found out that the SR is only used in Canadian building codes and therefore
is only distributed up here.  Conversely, 5806 non SR is an ANSI type joint
which is not commonly used in Canada.

We are currently trying to source the 5806 Long Radius model prevalent in US
stores--we've found a local supply shop via Nibco Canada.  For now, if you're
aiming to build a pipe racer, aim for the 5806 Long Radius ABS 45 F to F 1.5"

Calum