 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7628
Re: [rtlToronto] BrickFest Pipe Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:13:54 GMT

Wow!  Now that's dedication!  Unfortunately the C5806SR is not the C5806.  The
SR must be "small radius" or something, because it's a lot tighter of a turn.  I
have put up a picture on the website.

Is the SR available in Minnesota?  Steve, do you have something similar?

Ok, I made another trip to my local home improvement stores.  I could not find a
C5806SR.

I found the C5806.

I have a couple suggestions.

First, in the "watered down for US" version of Pipe Races, how about using this
45 degree bend:

http://www.visi.com/~dc/abs/PVC_45.JPG

It should be easy for us Americans to get past.

Second (just a random thought) how about making the whole track more like a "V"
or a "U" where the robots start at the top.  That way, it's easy for a robot go
get to the mid-point, but much harder to get past half way.

Well, I guess that wouldn't hold together any better than what you're doing.

Finally (for now) it may be a good idea to raise the starting point off the
ground.  A robot could have a problem clamping on to the bottom pipe, if the
robot has a big base.  (it would hit the ground)

Oh, and you guys need to figure out the details this week, because I won't have
time to help next week.  I have to start my new job!  Yeah.

Steve