 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7683
Re: [rtlToronto] BrickFest Pipe Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:11:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel wrote:

Sounds like a failed CBC kid's show from the 80's.
Like that one with the kids in the basement of that weird
house with the insane IBM Selectric with massive eyes that could
talk and the TV on wheels)

I need the name of that show to live...
You must find the name for me...
Now...

;) Please!

Calum found it yesterday, and I haven't slept since.

"Read All About It"

http://members.rogers.com/ambrozic/tvo/read.html

This is a very serious moment for me right now!     ;)

Thank goodness-gracious you found it!!!

I finally feel complete…

Along with:
Dr. Snuggles
http://www.geocities.com/doctorsnuggles2003/index4.htm
&
Today's Special

And also “Annana” the French language teaching Pineapple.
(What was up with the dancing Skeletons)
-The 80’s were sooooo macabre.-

These were the shows that shaped my youth.

Oh, and yes Calum…

The hell was scared out of me also while watching that show.
But I think it was directed at a slightly older audience then me.

It use to give me some weird dreams when I was young.
I believe I crossed-linked that show and Dr. Who in my mind
when I was about five or six. The roller coaster segments were
a big part of my nightmares when little.
(But I look back fondly at them nonetheless)

I sincerely enjoy sharing these 80’s moments with y’all.
I don’t normally do this with my other friends.
It feels good to impart this to you both Calum and Iain!
Perhaps we each had such satisfying childhoods that
our attachment to Lego, with its creative open-ended
building possibilities, enables us to truly embrace the
magic of this period. The shows, games, and toys of
our era helped develop us into the thoughtful adults
we are today. And I'm thankful for this, because to
this day I still love creating scale models and battlefield
dioramas with the brick!
(Didn’t mean to get all sentimental)

That was wayyy too much background info into my childhood,

                                  --==Richard==--

(I had SUCH a ‘crush’ on that Lynne girl btw)

A quote from this page:
http://www.papmag.net/cgi-bin/frontend/frontend.pl?page=story&sid=73
“Chris was joined by a nerdy brunette sidekick named Samantha and this
drop-dead gorgeous blond chicky-poo, Lynne. If I recall correctly, Lynne
had these great pigtails - probably the most costly special effect on the show.”