 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7717
Re: What I'm going to bring to the zoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:40:10 GMT

....snip....

I know calum said to bring an animal themed robot but lets be blunt....
I cant see that happening.   I had a bugger of a time building "chain
saw dude"

I 100% agree with you Chris... animal themed robots are weird and scary,
and I really can't see myself building one either.
A robot to climb a vertical pole or something might be cool....
... sort of like pipe racers, but vertical, so a different approach may
be required.  Assuming we know the size of the pole legs...

What I was thinking was to build something that ties in with some new
LEGO sets.  Example:<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8451>

I'm gonna build a larger scale version of this set, with pneumatics,
and hopefully R/C control.  I'll try to stick to the yellow-black color
scheme, but that may be difficult without having the backhoe.

Maybe build a modern tracked excavator, similar to
<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8851>
Which was the first pneumatics set ever released.

Or better yet, a remote-control monster truck using those 8466 tires
that Bruce likes so much.... hmmmmmmmm.... how about demoing it
on the Altenburg layout.... among the pretty buildings???? ;)

so calum, do we have to bring a zoo robot or will any cool robot do???
can dave bring LOR?

can Bruce bring his half a$$ attempts at a rice robot?

can Iain bring .... whatever it is Iain has running right now?
actually Iain, if you could bring that palet-go-round contraption I'd
love to see that.

Rob? do you still have that window walker??  I could bring a sheet of 1'
x 3' clear lexan sheet?

how about non-US-styled pipe racers?  anyone have one?

Wyane, I want to see... oh I have no idea, just bring a bot.

or we could have a smash up derby.

Ivan, bring something.

Chris, you forgot:  John, bring a racecar or something!

anyways, my 2 cents

John