 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7716
Re: What I'm going to bring to the zoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:00:07 GMT

OK, after some on and off hiatus I'm going to try to devote some more
time to rtl.

About time.  Now find us a community center location for rtlToronto14.  Sheesh.
Arson.  Rebuilding place of employment.  Pfft.

F.Y.A.T.H.Y.C.I.O.

A zoo robot would be ideal--primarily because it would match the event theming
and the venue itself.

First off, the robot has to be freestanding.  LOR would be fine-in fact, ideal,
because there's a "mecha" display in the show which it would look great next to.

We can't bring any extraneous hardware-ie, playfields, etc. as the train layout
takes a majority of the community tent.  Ideally, the robot should be able to be
showcased either on the ground (LOR would be ideal here), being held, or on some
component of the show hardware (ie, crawling up a tent pole).

BULL!!!!!    if you train heads cant spare me a 2' square space for my hill climber
then you're just going to have to have to do a train show somewhere else.

this ain't survivor.  you'll learn to share the table space OR I'll have you voted
out of the tent.

humph.

Actually, a pole climber would be a REALLY cool demo.  Okay, anyone want a
challenge?  Build a pole climber that can crawl up a vertical pole.

as well as my hill climb robot from R(whatever)  I plan on bringing JUST
the hill part.
can Bruce bring his half a$$ attempts at a rice robot?

Difficult, as we won't have the playfield.  We need to have stuff that has a
minimum of infrastructure.  ie, no wooden playfields, ladders etc.

did you not read when I said I was just going to bring the HILL part of the game.
that will easily sit on half a table. just us robot guys, needing just a small
corner.  HECK, I need LESS space then one of your train module's. which come in at
30" +  my hill is only 24"  so reduce your "ville de alten"  to 5 module's and give
me a corner.

let me quote you a few times:

"..the train layout takes a majority of the community tent."
"..the train layout takes a majority of the community tent."
"..the train layout takes a majority of the community tent."
"..the train layout takes a majority of the community tent."
"..the train layout takes a majority of the community tent."

humm that hardly seems fair.

Rob? do you still have that window walker??  I could bring a sheet of 1'
x 3' clear lexan sheet?

You'd have to mount it somehow onto a base that can be free standing.  The base
should be white to match the venue and show hardware.  But the window walker
would be neat.

K.I.S.S.  the plexi will safely lean against one leg of the train layout that you
will turn over to the Robot Squad.   IF you don't, I will have BRUCE reprogram LOR
to stomp through ville-de-Alt

or we could have a smash up derby.

With a creative challenge, it is
actually hard--you have to actually make it look like, for example, a scary
monster.

Some succeeded brilliantly (John, JeffE) while others (Chainsaw dude) didn't :)

you leave chainsaw dude out of this.... you'll hurt his feelings.  he's very
sensitive ya know

Take that with your morning coffee :)

Calum

muuuu coffee.