 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7722
Re: What I'm going to bring to the zoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:10:18 GMT

<snip>

muuuu coffee.

hey, where's Dave???

Chris

Dave is in almost complete lock-down 'mope' mode.

Besides work, which is outrageously busy for the summer rollout (in which we
visit all the branches across Canada to say "Hi!" and patch Microsoft's patchy
OS so we're all 'current with our patches') and building a few train mods, which
is taking up many many green bricks and/or baseplates.... I'm just in a very
melancholy mood.

I'm also shopping for a house.  Going to look at a few tonite--one right on the
Beach Strip (for those not in the GTA, the Beach Strip is that jutting land mass
that connects the south shore of L. Ontario with the north side of L. Ontario,
and if you ever drove over the James B. Allen Skyway Bridge (between Hamilton
and Burlington), that's the Beach Strip.  There's a nice street that parallels
the Skyway called, of all things, Beack Blvd, and that road's the one that
crosses the 'lift bridge' (the vertical lifting bridge that also parallels the
Skyway, that allows big lakers to get into Hamilton Harbour, and all those
little sailboats to get out into the lake that are berthed at Pier 4...)

Anyway, there's a house for sale down there, and I'm going to check it out
tonight.  If I get it, y'all'll have no excuse to stop by and visit anytime
you're on the QEW and happen to be going over the Skyway--I'll be right there.
(or at least you can wave in the general direction of the house when you're
driving by)

Btw, the house supposedly has like 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, basement, and a
whole bunch of other great wonderful things.  What it doesn't have is a driveway
so that means I'll be parking on the street, and I hate parking on the street.
That's the only deterring factor that I can see right now.

There are also a few houses up by Concession (mountainbrow) in Hamilton that are
cute and small, but with driveways *and* garages.  Ooooohhh, a garage
Gaaggghghghhhh (Homer Simpson drool...).  Concession is such a drive,
though--you always have to 'get up the mountain'.

House hunting--oh what fun.

Dave K