 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7723
Re: What I'm going to bring to the zoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:58:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:43:01 +0000, Calum Tsang wrote:
The hard part is actually rising to a
"Build us a robotic animal" type of challenge.  It's hard work.  Because with
say Project X, it doesn't have to look pretty.  With a creative challenge, it is
actually hard--you have to actually make it look like, for example, a scary
monster.

Even after seeing Wild Windups (4093), Wild Collection (4101), and Little
Creations (4401) on a store shelf, I wasn't sufficiently inspired to pick
one up and build a mechanized animal for this event. I'm sure they are
nice sets full of new and useful pieces in beautiful colours, but that
sort of stuff is just not my thing. Micro Wheels (set 4096)? Yep, got
that. Mini Robots (4097), High Flyers (4098), and Robobots (4099)? Check,
check, check. Back-hoe (8455)? On my desk, waiting to be inventoried and
built. Clikits? My daughter loves these, and I've got more stashed away
for gifts.

So no, I'm not rising to that particular challenge.  If you two decide
that there will be room for the other stuff, then I will try to come up
with something.
From my understanding you don't have to use any of thoses sets to build
something for the zoo. We just want to have a series of cool robots that can
show off what rtl does. You can use Duplo if you wanted to (speaking of which,
how you doing Treven ;) ) or thoes Clickits that you have stashed away.

Jeff VW