 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4375
Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 22:52:48 GMT

<snip>

Okay, so I just got off the phone with Chris about this-what if we scratch
the any starting position and make it that everyone has to start in the
bottom right corner of their island (ie, an 18 inch corner)

<snip>

If it is going to be a race to the flag then a designated starting point is
a good idea. Otherwise, the 'start anywhere rule' will just have everyone
set up their bot pearched on the edge of the table ready to cross the gap as
soon as the starter pistol fires. Having to find the gap, stop without
falling into the abyss, and then cross it is way more interesting.

Maybe like a first the flag game-I like this idea, especially Trevyn's three
table suggestion.  Anyone want to change it?  Chris?

<snip>

This idea is growing on me. Three tables, one flag on the middle table,
first bot to find and raise the flag wins. Points could be awarded for:

1 point - bot finds gap and stops
1 point - bot crosses gap
1 point - bot finds and raises flag