 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4358
Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 01:50:03 GMT

Well, I'm bringing a Therm-A-Rest(tm) mattress this time. :P

Maybe we could do three tables, and one flag on the middle table, with
the robots starting on the other two?

Ka-On Lee wrote:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-080002-rules.html
Followup with your comments, suggestions, and debate.

So I can start the bot anywhere on my island, right?  I think the potential
issue would be if player A want to position his bot to block the bridge of the
other bot, and player B does not want that.  We are stuck if they can't agree.
The game would most likely ended with a draw with both bot bridge or jump into
each other and got knocked into the gap, but if a player is leading in points
he may want that.

Also what if the bot kicked the target flag off the table before picking it up?
Default lost?  We can't have a default win if the bot kicked the flag off it's
starting table, otherwise it don't need to cross the table to win.

We may also need special score rules for bots that do not survive the fall, and
are abstain from subsequence matches.

I would like to suggest an alternate version of this game:
Only one flag on table B.  Both bots start from table A, and the one pick up
the flag first win.  This way we will have some actions, and some bots may got
knocked off the table by the other one.  I bet people would love to see that.
;)  If we got too many bots again we can start with 3 bots on table A.