 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4387
Re: rtlToronto11 Event Rules Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 13:02:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
we don't have to go to the three table idea if we (and i think I have)
decide to start robots in the lower right side of your table.

I'm just confused as to how to "score" against neither robot getting the
flag.  OR one cross but no flag, or....... any combination of no clear
win.

I guess its  boils down to how many objective points one can get.
Let's break down the game...

hypothetically, in this type of layout you have 3 tables, 2 crossings,
1 flag (and a partrige in a pear-tree...)

Since the "spirit of the game" is to cross the span, then just crossing
should be worth say 10 points, capturing the flag first 10 points, crossing
the divide again should be worth 10 points (without the flag), and crossing
with the flag 20 points for a total of 40 points.

Then there should be some bonuses.  Cool crossing should be awarded bonus
5 points, as in the audience "ooohing and aahhhing, with Chris saying, that
crossing was a lot cooooler than my supercomputer...etc etc).  If your
opponent captures the flag and you beat him to a pulp and incapacitate him,
you should be awarded 20 bonus points.

ALSO, The reason why this event might move to August is due to a
potential for a VERY big job that might swing my way (details TBA). if
it happens then I will not be available for a good chunk of July.  I
will Have to play it by ear and I do promise that AS soon as I know i
will book the library.

Plus July is Brickfest month, so those interested in going wouldn't have
to make a decision which event to go to...etc etc.

Pretend I got my SUPERCOMPUTER(tm)  up to 8Ghz

....and you had more than 1 Gigabyte of (ultrafast) Ram... and more than 2
Terrabytes of Storage Space.  While your at it, how about a Neural Network.
Maybe HAL version 2.  (Good luck!!!!)

Ben