 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4376
4375  |  4377
Subject:
Straight Outta Brampton...RC Racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 00:38:11 GMT

So I was up in Brampton this week and got a chance to check out the Lego up
there.  Anyways, I found a 5599 RC Racer at the Winners there-they're $69.99
and while it's not an incredible deal, it is a fun little toy.

FYI, here are the stores that DO NOT have 5599's:

Queensway and Kipling
Rockwood Mall (Mississauga)
400 and Highway 7

Shoppers World Brampton (three more as of last night) and College Park (two
as of last Monday afternoon) have them.  I think Mario also spotted them at
Steeles and Bathurst.

The 5599 is a lot smaller than I expected.  I always figured it would be
more like a foot long, it's actually about eight inches and quite compact.
It's turn radius is very small too-it can turn in a semi circle in a house
hallway, perfect for driving around cubicles at work or at home.

More on this later, I'm currently building a Space-esque cockpit and body
for mine.

Calum