 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2574
Re: (tentative) new Toronto lego robot contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:23:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

When we design these games we try to focus on a "type" of solution.  for
R9 we (mainly me) would have liked to see different 2 arm monkey bots.

I don't think we should focus on a type of solution, but just a problem that
can be solved by many solutions.  The argument against such specialization
would be, if you dictate what kind of solution one wants to see, you might
as well paint it red and say it has to "Say I Love Chris"

Hard.   I also think no one would do it.   BUT I still think the concept
is a cop out.

Explain how doing something harder is a cop out.  Driving across the top is
easy and a cop out for rtl9.  I still cannot see how dumping the board, then
reassembling the blocks into a pickable order and then placing it is cop out.

Calum