 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2573
Re: (tentative) new Toronto lego robot contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

Dave, if you build a delta robot that is the size of a fridge, I will cry.

Now, if only LEGO made a linear induction motor. :)

   Iain

Oh I have some ideas ;)

In order for one of my ideas to work, I need the top of the blocks to be
tiled.  You let me worry about how the 3x3 block is sitting in the 4x4 square.

I am also so impressed by the delta v 'bot pics that Iain had a link to a
few months back.  I'm goint to tentatively try that, but in the end I'll
probably go the plotter/scanner routine -- x handled by the rack system on
both sides of the playfield, and y handled by the rack that moves on the x.

I make easy yet large contraptions--Iain and Rob make small and complex
mechanisms