 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2575
Re: (tentative) new Toronto lego robot contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 01:50:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
In order for one of my ideas to work, I need the top of the blocks to be
tiled.  You let me worry about how the 3x3 block is sitting in the 4x4 square.

Chris and I were chatting on the phone and because Chris doesn't want to
sound despotic anymore, he told me to outline why I think this isn't such a
great idea:

-Everyone needs to have the same board.

-Finding white tiles is very hard.  We've required white tiles before in
rtl8 (Maxwell's Demons) but people only needed to build one or two, and most
people didn't even build any at that.

-Tiling a 3x3 is weird.  You'd need 1-2x2, 2-2x1 and 1-1x1 per block.

Anyways, the blocks have to sit upside down to interlock.

Calum