 Off-Topic / Geek / 2828
Re: Titanium PowerBook (was: Re: What if Steve Jobs ran The LEGO Company?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:48:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Todd Lehman writes:

Something to keep a look out for, if you're into that sort of thing.  But
maybe the price difference between the 500 Mhz and 400 MHz PowerBooks would
buy a whole separate DVD player?  :)

Which, if you're a road warrior, you would leave home.

People ask me why I drag out my laptop to listen to MP3s on the plane, when
a CD player (or an MP3 player or minidisk player, Sony has one that is the
size of a minidisk plus a very small percentage) is smaller. Answer: because
I *have* to carry the laptop anyway.

So ya, I can see paying more than what a DVD player costs to get DVD func in
the same package.

++Lar