 Off-Topic / Geek / 2772
Re: What if Steve Jobs ran The LEGO Company?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 04:39:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mike Stanley writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Erik Olson writes:
They're cheap enough for now, although you'd have to slap another 64m
minimum in that stripped down $2500 version to make it livable - preferably
192 to bring it up to 256.

Huh? The 400mhz model comes with 128mb. That's livable. 256 is swimming.

Urggghhhh.............

My PowerBook dealer, Scott, told me I maybe can have a 500 mhz Powerbook G4
tomorrow if I want it! (assuming they materialize in the morning as expected.)

I'm going to hold off until a 400 mhz model comes in. Ooh...

Whoops. My dealer (DataVision) called. Scott only needed 3 words: "I want it!"

While I was picking it up, I got the sense that if I'd been a few minutes
tardy it would have gone to someone else.

Installing software.............