 Off-Topic / Geek / 2820
Re: What if Steve Jobs ran The LEGO Company?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:40:44 GMT

You can talk about my software, Steve... it's even on the web too.

More of the this story:

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Erik Olson writes:
Urggghhhh.............

My PowerBook dealer, Scott, told me I maybe can have a 500 mhz Powerbook G4
tomorrow if I want it! (assuming they materialize in the morning as expected.)

I'm going to hold off until a 400 mhz model comes in. Ooh...

Whoops. My dealer (DataVision) called. Scott only needed 3 words: "I want it!"

Scott from Datavision called again today!

"Everything ok there? I just received 4 or 5 of the 400mhz units. You know
anyone waiting for one?"

As a matter of fact, the big boss called me in on Friday to see the little
beauty. "The 500 mhz model, huh?" Yeah, I was flexible. I took whatever came
in first.  "I'm waiting for a 400mhz model with a 30gb hard drive. My
secretary is calling the stores every day to check."

Bing!

Scott said he could put in the 30gb drive. So I went to the boss's
secretary. The boss was out, but she had EXPLICIT directions saying to get
the 500 mhz model.  Alas.

I pondered some kind of trade, but, I'm not sure it would be a good idea.