 General / 27442
Re: What if Steve Jobs ran The LEGO Company?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 04:36:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:

<sits back and waits for PC Nazis to make snide comments>

Don't have to necessarily be a PC Nazi to see Apple as 60% hype / 40%
product.  :)   Although you'd have to be a nice PC user to be that generous.

--Todd (massively drooling over the new G4 PowerBook)
Mmmmm, yes. There's a possibility I may have one at work later this year.
<cross fingers>

They're cheap enough for now, although you'd have to slap another 64m
minimum in that stripped down $2500 version to make it livable - preferably
192 to bring it up to 256.  At that point I could deal with a machine that
would run everyday apps about as fast as my older laptop (PII-366).  I'd
have to put Photoshop on it to impress my friends, though. ;)  Run a few
gradient filters or something to really show off the horsepower.  That and
watch the Matrix without those annoying bars at the top and bottom.

I still make fun of my friend who bought an iBook, although he insists it
gives him more for the money than a comparably priced PC laptop.  I'd go for
a Titanium Powerbook partly for the cool factor, I must admit, if I were in
the market for one.  Since work provides me with a couple though, I can't
justify the expense.  'Course, work provided him with a nice new Solo as
well, but he had a lot of problems with it and felt the urge to spend some
money.  They make it easy for us to do through the uni computer store with
payroll deduction - too easy imo.