 Off-Topic / Geek / 2826
Re: Titanium PowerBook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:39:21 GMT

Oops. I looked closely at my experiment with Marc Atkin's movie, "2001: A
Lego Odyssey". It's not so easy to compress. The Sorenson 2 video codec does
ruin the quality. Maybe it would improve with the professional package --
the basic codec suffers from poor keyframing (as well as jitter and jaggies.)

Sorenson 2 does chop 80% from the video size.

I'm going to try out Sorenson 3, H.263 and MPEG4.

By the way, the G4/500 compresses 2001 in 17 minutes. The G3/266 is over two
hours. Adjusting for clock speed, it's about a 4 to 1 advantage for the G4.