 Off-Topic / Geek / 2827
Re: LCAD for Risc-OS (was LCAD/LDraw.org Formal Organization)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:21:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Leonardo Zide writes:
Farlie A wrote:

Thanks! I am sure it will compile in GNU C for RISC OS? (If that has an RO3
lib rather than an RO3.7 or RO4 lib--- I use RO under Archie an emulator :-) )

If you feel really brave, you could try to compile LeoCAD under RO.
You'll need to have GTK installed and some other libraries but a guy was
able to use it under on an Alpha so I think there's a chance you can get
a complete editor for your system.

I'm not sure if the GTK libs are availbe for RO? ( I seem to recall GTK+
being a acronym fro GIMP TOOLkit+ a distinctly non RO program... But if
porting the GTK+ to RO would mean better RO software... Altoguh ISTR there
being an ARM BSD or ARM Linux around hmmmm...)

Alex